How is Saint Columbkille connected to Boston College?
Students, faculty and staff at Boston College play a key role in the enhancement of our academic, co-curricular and fundraising programs:
- The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) at Boston College has adopted our school and links undergraduate students with us to help develop our co-curricular programs.
- As part of the Read Aloud Program, Boston College employees volunteer to read to our students in the classroom.
- The male and female athletic teams mentor students within after-school athletic clubs.
- Volunteers from the 4 Boston program serve as aides to our teachers in the after-school program.
- Through the Boston College Neighborhood Center, Boston College students tutor our students in a variety of subjects.
- Boston College Marching Band members work with our students, providing after-school instrumental music lessons.
- Donors through Boston College provide funds for much-needed financial aid.
- The BC Race to Educate is a successful fundraising event because of connections and support from Boston College.
- Saint Columbkille has been designated as a laboratory school for the Lynch School of Education
- Approximately 20 student teachers from the Lynch School of Education learn their craft under the careful watch of our talented teachers.
- Researchers from Boston College utilize our school environment to conduct their research.
- Professional development for our teachers provides ongoing learning opportunities.
- A Boston College nursing student interns with our school nurse.
- The Boston College Facilities Department provides expertise and support with renovations and updates.
- The Boston College IT Department shares best practices and tech support, and donates equipment.