Need-Based Grant Program
Saint Columbkille Partnership School is committed to providing grants to qualified families, particularly in grades K2-8 based on the income evaluation provided by the FACTS Grant & Aid application. Limited grants are available to families in Pre-K and K1 classes. Our hope is that by providing these grants, our school can make Catholic education affordable for all children who desire it. The Saint Columbkille Partnership School’s need-based grant program is funded by private donors and by the Catholic Schools Foundation.
- New families enrolling at Saint Columbkille Partnership School should not submit the FACTS Grant and Aid application until they have been accepted in the school and all documents have been submitted for the enrollment application.
- The recommended deadline to fill out the FACTS Grant and Aid application is April 1. Please submit the 2016 federal tax return at the latest by April 15, 2017. It takes FACTS Grant and Aid at least 2 weeks to verify the information provided in the tax return. All applications must be in a completed/verified status by May 1, 2017.
- The Business Office will be hosting FACTS Grant and Aid Workshops on a monthly basis in group sessions limited to 4 applicants and individual sessions by appointment. Families are encouraged to make appointments for the workshop to allow us to best serve and guide the family in completing the process. Click the link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084fa4ac2fa6fd0-financial1 to sign up for a workshop. If an individual appointment is needed, please email email@example.com to request one.
- Please bring your 2016 W2’s or your completed 2016 federal tax return to the appointment as well as proof of non-taxable income and social security numbers for applicants and all students you are applying for a grant.
- Grants will not be awarded to families unless all accounts are in good standing and payments have been made on a regular basis. In order to maintain the need based grant award, families must make tuition payments on time and be enrolled in the FACTS Payment Plan and Grant & Aid systems each year.
- Families of students in K2 (age 5) to Grade 8 are eligible for need based grants. There is limited need based grant funding available for Pre-K and K1 students.
- All families are encouraged to apply. There is a $30 yearly processing fee for the FACTS Grant and Aid application. The grant is allocated based on calculated financial need as determined by the calculations on the FACTS Grant & Aid application.
- The school reserves the right to audit applications for the need based grant program by requesting a tax transcript for the prior year from the IRS. Information on the tax transcript can be found at https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- Families who experience an unexpected financial crisis during the course of the school year must notify the business office to work out a temporary solution. If an application for FACTS Grant & Aid has not been submitted prior to the time of the unexpected financial crisis, families will need to complete one. Families should work with the Business Office to see what assistance is available and if the family meets the conditions. Please contact the Business Office for more information or to request an appointment.
- It is expected that families that receive grants be involved in school as much as possible and support the fundraising opportunities available. Going forward as a condition of maintaining your grant award, there may be a requirement to participate in fundraising and volunteering activities.
- Grant awards will be lost if any of the following occur:
– Withdrawal from the school
-Not active in the FACTS Payment Plan
-Accounts are not current (including but not limited to tuition, after school, and other fees)
FAMILY SERVICE PROGRAM
Saint Columbkille Partnership School believes that family involvement enhances the educational experience. Parents and guardians are urged volunteer at school. During the course of the year, requests for volunteers will be made. Opportunities for volunteerism include: Field Trip chaperoning, Lunch and recess monitoring, and for helping out at special events. Opportunities for volunteerism will be listed on the school’s web site. Families who complete twenty-five (25) hours of service will be credited $300 for the following school year. In order to document the hours of service, volunteers must sign in and out at the school office. Please visit the website for additional information http://stcps.org/parents/