Boston College Partnership
In 2006, Boston College and Saint Columbkille Partnership School formed an unprecedented alliance to create a flagship Catholic school in Boston and a new national model of excellence in Catholic early childhood, elementary, and middle school education. As part of the partnership, the resources of the Archdiocese of Boston, Boston College, and St. Columbkille Parish have been combined to offer a rigorous and comprehensive education rooted in Gospel teaching and committed to Catholic educational and religious traditions.
Boston College provides resources and oversight for the academic program, as well as expertise in the area of facility management and finance. Resources offered through Boston College have made possible ongoing physical plant improvements, increased financial aid, and graduate training for faculty fully sponsored by the Boston College Lynch School of Education.
Saint Columbkille Partnership School has developed a rigorous curriculum that is research-based and data-driven. Educational experts coordinated by Boston College faculty collaborate with us to implement state-of-the-art approaches to teaching, from the early childhood program through middle school, using evidence-based curricula to teach math, science, literacy, and other subjects.
Students, faculty and staff at Boston College play a key role in the enhancement of our academic and co-curricular programs:
- The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) at Boston College has adopted our school and links undergraduate students with us to help develop our co-curricular programs.
- As part of the Read Aloud Program, Boston College employees volunteer to read to our students in the classroom.
- The male and female athletic teams mentor students within after-school athletic clubs.
- Volunteers from the 4 Boston program serve as aides to our teachers in the after-school program.
- Through the Boston College Neighborhood Center, Boston College students tutor our students in a variety of subjects.
- Boston College Marching Band members work with our students, providing after-school instrumental music lessons.
- Approximately 20 student teachers from the Lynch School of Education learn their craft under the careful watch of our talented teachers.
- Researchers from Boston College utilize our school environment to conduct their research.
- A Boston College nursing student interns with our school nurse.
- The Boston College Facilities Department provides expertise and support with renovations and updates.
- The Boston College IT Department shares best practices, tech support and donates equipment.