Employment at STCPS
Saint Columbkille Partnership School, a Pre-K - grade 8 Catholic school in Allston-Brighton, capitalizes on the resources of a unique partnership with the Archdiocese of Boston, Boston College, and St. Columbkille Parish to offer a rigorous and comprehensive education rooted in Gospel teaching and committed to Catholic educational and religious traditions. As a result of this unique collaboration, the school charted a new direction to create a flagship Catholic school in Boston and a new national model of excellence in Catholic early childhood, elementary and middle school education.
After-School Teacher Position Available for Grade Pre-K – Grade 4
Teachers in the Saint Columbkille After-School Program are responsible for providing a safe, enriching, and engaging environment for the participating students. The position is Monday – Friday from 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM (Every other Friday the program begins at 1:15 PM) from September – June.
Now hiring for 2, 3, 4, or 5 days/week! Work every day or just a few days a week!
– Ensure the physical safety and overall well-being of students.
– Maintain a positive climate for students utilizing behavior management strategies.
– Develop supportive relationships with students of various ages, cultures, and abilities.
– Plan lessons for each day.
-Trustworthy, high energy, flexible, organized
– Ability to work as a part of a team while also able to function independently
– Experience with children
– Knowledge of child development
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and a resume to the After School Program Director, Jean O’Connor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Saint Columbkille Partnership School seeks to hire piano instructors who are self-motivated, excellent musicians and are excited to share their love of piano with students of varying ages. Piano instructors will teach 30 minute individual classes on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3 PM to 5 PM.
Some of the requirements of the position include:
- planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs and examination syllabuses
- acquiring appropriate teaching materials and resources
- teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils
- entering and preparing pupils for examinations
- motivating pupils and encouraging progress
- liaising with academic staff and parents
- creating and maintaining a network of contacts to ensure work continuity
- ensuring up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements
- assessing pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
- arranging recitals and concerts for pupils’ families and friends
- keeping administrative records
Saint Columbkille Partnership School seeks substitute teachers for the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates must have experience in the classroom and/or a Bachelor of Arts degree in the area of education. Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and a resume to the Assistant Head of School, Rachel Rumely (email@example.com).